Friday, September 30, 2011

A few of my favorite things


1.  I have a chihuaha.  And a 16 year golden retriever (And yes, I would put Jack (the chihuaha) in a purse and carry him around if he was that kind of dog.)  But, like most people end up realizing about their kids, he's not THAT kind of dog. He's wildly independent and does his own thing.  Which, really, makes him even better.
2.  Biomega shampoo.  Yeah, I do spend way too much on shampoo to make my hair smell like flowers.  Fortunately, my hairdresser is also my friend, and I get it at cost. 
3.  Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap.  Makes my shower heaven.  HEAVEN.  No joke.
4.  Alba Botanica Cocoa Butter hand and body lotion.  Hi Summer. 
5.  Watts Beauty Argan Gold pure Argan oil.  Bye bye wrinkles.  I think.
6.  Toms of Maine Long Lasting aluminum-free deoderant in fresh apricot.  Because who doesnt want to smell like fresh apricots?
7.  Schiff Melatonin Ultra.  We all need sleep.  Right??
8.  Paul Mitchell extra body firm finishing spray.  Because my dumb hair just wont do what I ask on its own.
9.  Clean sheets.  I change them every 3 days....because clean sheets are just yummy!  (Someone that may or may not read this blog is probably laughing right now)!
10.  Piping hot stronger than hell coffee. Trader Joes can rock this.  So can Starbucks.
11.  Parmesan cheese.  What isnt better if you add this?  Really?
12.  One certain baby, that makes me want to kiss her over and over and over.
13.  A brand new roll of really good toilet paper (above mentioned person who may or may not read this blog is probably dying of laughter right now)
14.  An amazing gel manicure that lasts for days.
15.  A good book that can monopolize my life for hours.
16.  A great podcast.  "Joy the Baker"...check her out
17.  Levis.  Why do any other jeans exist?
18.  Amy's frozen meals.  Because convenience should still be yummy.
19.  Yoga in any shape or form.  Stretch your body, girls!
20.  Good friends.  I am sooooo blessed to have them everywhere!
Tell me your favorite things!  Please!  I really really want to add to my list!

4 comments:

  1. YOU! okay, but seriously, i love: feta, bacon, sushi, champagne, and olives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. - The day after a good wax. Smooth skin rocks.
    - A good, fair trade 81% chocolate
    - my kids laughter
    - Sleeping in late
    - christmas tree in my livingroom, lights dimmed, fire in the fireplace
    - A good chick flick on a rainy afternoon
    - Burts Bees lotions and mint chapstick
    - A long footrub
    - fresh strawberries right off the vine
    - Pesto

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy-can you remind me how to do this? I need to come up with something for bookclub tomorrow and this sounds fabulous!
    Maria-Yes! Feta and olives could make even poop taste good!
    Jesika- Burts Bees is the bomb! I like the milk and honey one, and also the one for babies. It rocks.

    ReplyDelete