Friday, November 25, 2011

Gravy

I finally figured it out.  The reason Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving leftovers are such a big freaking deal to me.  Gravy.  Vegetarian, of course.  I only make this gravy once a year.  Maybe twice if you are lucky.  I put it on everything.  Mashed Potatoes, stuffing, corn pudding, rolls, green beans...everything.   I'm even okay with it creeping into my pecan pie.  Try it.  You won't go back to regular gravy.  Well maybe you will.  But try it anyway.

Vegetarian Thanksgiving Gravy
Melt 2 tbsp butter in a sauce pan.  When it is completely melted, add 2 tbsp flour.  Cook till browned and thick.  Add 1 1/2 cups veggie broth.  As it starts to thicken add 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter, about 1/2 tsp soy sauce and a couple dashes of cayenne pepper.  Taste for flavor and add more cayenne, or PB as needed.  Since I am the only veggie in the family, I have enough for about 4 meals plus lots of tastes as it cooks.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment