Thursday, March 17, 2011

You might be old

Right now, as I sit with my laptop in my lap, beer in my hand, and my man sits on the opposite loveseat, computer and beer in hand also, I wonder if we are old.  Last night we sat in bed side by side, braced in pillows, with our laptops on, headphones plugged in, watching TV.  He watches King of the Hill, I watch Brothers and Sisters.  Usually about 10:00 mine goes off and he watches till about 11:00 or 11:30 while I sleep, with my noisemaker on fake rain sound.  Does this sound pathetic?  I think so.
We did go out and have a lovely sushi dinner to celebrate my "positive attitude"...I swear thats what he said, and I know, it really doesnt make me look so great on a regular basis, but whatever.  Tomorrow I pick up our "box o veggies" from the CSA and try to figure out what to make with what is available this time of year...yeah there are not a ton of options for celery root and kohlrabi.  But we like this life.  It feels a little quiet, especially after losing my 11 year old golden retriever a few weeks back.  And its kinda sucky having mass quantities of leftovers everytime we cook, which is often.  It feels too easy, which is something that this drama queen has a difficult time with.  I like being busy.  I like running errands and pushing myself to see if I can get everything done on my list...
Kevin on the other hand...takes a week to wash the pot in the sink from the amazing soup he made last weekend (K is a bombin chef, BTW, lucky me!)...talks about doing laundry and mowing the lawn, but....well maybe my time frame is a little impatient, but usually I end up doing it before he does.
God I sound just like a wife and mom, minus the husband and kids.  Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment