Saturday, May 28, 2011

Another tough thing to get

Ok people, ladies in particular, I am about to say something that is so "duh" that its unbelievable it took me 35 years to figure it out.  If you are dating someone who hates all his ex-girlfriends, wives, etc., because they are crazy, trampy, smothering, etc., etc., know someday that chances are....this woman will be you.  If you date a man that was abusive, a cheater, a liar, didnt pay his child support, had a drug or alcohol problem in previous relationships, especially if he is in his mid-thirties or older, this will most likely be your life too.  I am not so pestimistic or negative to believe that people don't change, because sometimes they do.  I know I have in my lifetime.  But expecting relationship patterns to be different when they have so clearly been negative for someone in the past is not realistic.

I hate to sound preachy, and I know that there are many people out there who are really trying to make a relationship work, because of vows, and sometimes just out of love, and I very much honor that commitment.  I did it in my marriage, and I would do it again.  But there is a difference between paying attention, knowing what you are getting yourself into, and blindly looking past warning signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment